Re: How to replace show-cursor?

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: How to replace show-cursor?
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 09:03:42 +0200

On Tue, Apr 07, 2020 at 12:56:25PM -0400, John Siu wrote:
> Thank you Peter and Gerd!
>
> Both "-display cocoa,show-cursor=on" and "-display default,show-cursor=on"
> work. The warning no longer shows.
>
> What is the relationship between "-display" and "-device virtio-vga"? Does
> setting "-display" affect video performance?

-display sets the user interface, basically host-side graphics, what
toolkit is used for the qemu window etc.  There shouldn't be larger
performance differences.  And on macos you don't really have a choice
anyway as cocoa is the only one we have there.

-device *vga sets the display device for the guest.

HTH,
  Gerd