Re: ARM readdir returning overflow

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: ARM readdir returning overflow
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 15:29:59 +0000

On Wed, 8 Jan 2020 at 14:15, Paulo Matos <pmatos@linki.tools> wrote:
> Nothing happens, if you do a perror("") on the readdir call (which is
> returning NULL), you get the error:
> Value too large for defined data type
> Could this be a bug in the arm backend for qemu or a misunderstanding on
> my part?

This is a known issue:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/1805913
It happens if you run a 32-bit guest binary on a 64-bit host
where the host fs is ext4. Unfortunately the host Linux kernel
does not provide any syscall or other mechanism that would
allow us to get readdir offsets which will fit in the 32-bit size
the guest needs, so it's unlikely we'll get a fix in the near future.

thanks