kvm steels my flash drives

From: ToddAndMargo
Subject: kvm steels my flash drives
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 18:42:39 -0800

Hi All,

Fedora 31
qemu-kvm-4.1.0-5.fc31.x86_64

If I have a virtual machine running and I insert a
flash drive into a USB socket, the virtual machine
steels the flash drive from the host, not that it
will actually work in the VM, which they don't.
To get them to work in my VM's I have to add them
as a piece of hardware to my configuration, then
they work.

I have to exit all my VM's to be able to see my flash
drives again from the hosts system (FCX31).  This is
a pain in the neck.

Any way around this?

Many thanks,
-T