Re: QEMU

From: Supratim Sanyal
Subject: Re: QEMU
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 23:30:13 -0400

On 11/01/2019 06:07 PM, Ramamurthy, Suresh wrote:

Hi,

I followed the steps in the link https://learn.adafruit.com/build-your-own-sparc-with-qemu-and-solaris?view=all and launched Solaris 2.6 as guest having Windows as host. Now I want to copy files from host Windows to guest Solaris. Can you please guide on how to transfer files between the host and guest using QEMU?

Thanks

Suresh

KLA-Tencor is now KLA! Learn more at kla.com

Enable sshd on Solaris if available and not enabled, forward port 22 in qemu command line and scp files over.

My preference would be to do a proper bridge from your NIC and a tap interface for qemu's networking so that the Solaris VM is a full fledged node on your network.

--

Supratim Sanyal, W1XMT
39.19151 N, 77.23432 W