Re: run a simple program in qemu

From: Roman Bolshakov
Subject: Re: run a simple program in qemu
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 19:51:37 +0000

Hi Bill,

You can use -fda or -hda switch in qemu-system-i386 or qemu-system-x86_64 for programs that have boot sector mark at the end of the first sector:

https://wiki.osdev.org/Babystep1

Best regards,
Roman

Sent from my iPhone

30 окт. 2019 г., в 19:52, bilsch01 <address@hidden> написал(а):

Please tell me the qemu command lines to run the following program named j0.bin: The program prints '1' using bios int 0x10 then enters an infinite loop. The program is a binary file created using nasm assembler.  The path/filename is /home/bilsch01/jinx/j0.bin. It is 512 bytes in size.

I believe I need to create a hard disk image beforehand, like this:

qemu-img create jinx.img 50M

Thank you.    Bill S.