Re: [Qemu-discuss] QEMU-i386-static question

From: Dr. Pedro E. Colla
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] QEMU-i386-static question
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 09:22:29 -0300

Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for your kind and detailed response.

As it's a cross architecture setup chroot operates on a different platform
(ARM host vs. X86 guest) so using binfmt qemu-i386-static is invoked by the
chroot command, therefore when executed qemu has been already executed.
Under that configuration /dev/ttyUSB0 doesn't exists. I might install the
USB Prolific serial port drivers once in X86 but I don't believe that would
make the chrooted environment (under qemu) to share the port with the host,
does it?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and tips on the subject. 73 de Pedro
LU7DID