[Qemu-discuss] <VM LIVE Migration><Sync conntrack entries>

From: bharath paulraj
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] <VM LIVE Migration><Sync conntrack entries>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 16:26:13 +0530

Hi Team,

I am using QEMU/KVM for launching VMs and libvirt to govern those VMs.
I would like to synchronise the connection tracking entries specific
to the VM during the VM LIVE migrations.

It is required when the firewall is implemented at the host level like
libvirt's "network filters".  Unless these connection tracking entries
are synchronised, all the connections to the VM are lost

and all TCP connections should be reestablished. Is there any option
already available? or do we need to develop the code? We can't rely on
the migration hooks as VM pause in the

source hypervisor and VM on in the destination hypervisor is done by
QEMU and it does not wait for any application that needs to sync-up
some metadata — In my case,

it is conntrack entries.

Has anybody came across similar scenario? If yes, how you overcome this?

--
Regards,
Bharath