Re: [Qemu-discuss] Understanding -audiodev and its id parameter

From: Maxim Levitsky
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Understanding -audiodev and its id parameter
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 17:19:16 +0300

On Tue, 2019-07-23 at 12:19 +0200, Aaron Lauterer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to understand the new -audiodev option. In particular its
> "id" parameter.
>
> Is there anything to consider when choosing a name for it? Any other
> device or option that may reference it?
>
> What I mean is that for example when adding a sound device such as
> "intel-hda" with the -device option the "id" defined for it is used in
> the "bus" parameter for a connected "hda-duplex" device.
>
> Thanks!
> ---
> Aaron

I think that currently it is not used other that like an device ID, since all
the hw audio devices, like
that hda-duplex use the global audiodev, like before the patches that added the
audiodev in first place.

However there are patches under review that will allow hw audio devices select
which
audiodev to use, even expose multiple audio devices this way
(why not to have a hda controller, with two codecs attached? :-)

Best regards,
        Maxim Levitsky