[Qemu-discuss] Using qemu to access a raw dump from a nand

From: Andre Cirne
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Using qemu to access a raw dump from a nand
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 16:52:23 +0100

I would like to mount on a virtual machine a partition wich is on a  dump
of a nand flash.
This disk would not be the primary disk but a secondary disk.

I am using the next command to create the virtual machine.

qemu-system-arm -nographic -M virt -m 64   -device
nand,chip_id=0x59,id=myubiflash  -drive
if=mtd,format=raw,file=100000.ubi,id=myubiflash
openwrt-armvirt-32-zImage-initramfs

But it always fails with this error:

qemu-system-arm: -drive if=mtd,format=raw,file=100000.ubi,id=myubiflash:
machine type does not support if=mtd,bus=0,unit=0

Which type of machine I could use to support mtd or is it possible to do
what I want?