[Qemu-discuss] MMCONFIG on q35 (qemu 4.0.0)

From: Narendra Acharya
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] MMCONFIG on q35 (qemu 4.0.0)
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2019 10:31:03 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all, I am trying to get the standard q35 machine booting latest alpine linux
and accessing a PCIe device hooked up to the system.I can get the device
detected and basic enumeration done by linux but not able to get to the
extended config space of the device.From what I have read, MMCONFIG is supposed
to enabled in latest qemu.I am using qemu version 4.0.0, guest linux version is
4.19.18, alpine x86_64.Are there any switches or options needed to enable
MMCONFIG on the default q35 host-bridge? The cmd line I am using to start qemu
is: qemu-system-x86_64 -m 4096 -machine q35 -hda $QCOW_IMG -boot c -D qemu.log
-display sdl
Thanks,NMA