Re: [Qemu-discuss] Discard disk image holes for sparse shrink

From: Narcis Garcia
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Discard disk image holes for sparse shrink
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2019 19:26:40 +0200

A test to check if guest Linux kernel treats vdisk as SSD:
Instead of:
mount /dev/sda1 /ssd
mount
Do this:
mount -o discard /dev/sda1 /ssd
mount

Anyway I don't think 'strings' test must be reflecting real blocks
discard behavior if not:
1. qemu taking image file actions for guest discard signals
2. Raw disk image being sparsed:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/ssd.disk obs=1M seek=128 count=0

El 9/4/19 a les 16:38, Pascal ha escrit: