Re: [Qemu-discuss] How to boot the ARM server ISO on QEMU ... and hardwa

From: Dennis Clarke
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] How to boot the ARM server ISO on QEMU ... and hardware ??
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 11:51:58 -0500

On 1/14/19 11:41 AM, Peter Maydell wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 at 16:15, Ciro Santilli <address@hidden> wrote:
I just wonder, is it really possible that a system misconfiguration
prevented the ISO from being read at all, given that I do see the
start of the installer, and it only fails after a few steps
(language selection)?

Hmm, if you see part of the installer image then maybe something
else is going wrong. I was expecting the issue to be that the
guest didn't get a block device with the image at all...

Perhaps slightly off topic but is there really a Debian ARM type install
image or is it really a "Linaro" type modified distro?  I only ask
because I have an ASUS Tinkerboard running and it looks like Debian
but really seems to be something slightly weird and not Debian.
If that makes any sense.

Has anyone tried off the shelf Debian ARM on both Qemu and real
hardware and seen both work as expected?

Dennis