[Qemu-discuss] Failed to emulate MMIO access when running qemu 2.12.0 or

From: Dominique Fuchs
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Failed to emulate MMIO access when running qemu 2.12.0 or master with whpx hypervisor
Date: Thu, 03 May 2018 12:51:06 +0200

After successfully compiling and installing latest qemu with whpx enabled on
Windows 10, I can’t get it up when invoking qemu with:

$ qemu-system-x86_64.exe -accel whpx

WHPX seems to run fine as stated by qemu after firing it up: Windows Hypervisor
Platform accelerator is operational

But after several seconds (QEMU opening up, attempting to start BIOS) QEMU
hard-exits with the following error:

$ C:\...\qemu-system-x86_64.exe: WHPX: Failed to emulate MMIO access
$ C:\...\qemu-system-x86_64.exe: WHPX: Failed to exec a virtual processor

Any hints about this? I know this is very freshly implemented but I guess
testing and stumbling only can help.

Dominique Fuchs