Re: [Qemu-discuss] qemu-system-sparc and network devices

From: Jan Orliński
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] qemu-system-sparc and network devices
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 09:22:04 +0100

Hi,

thank You for Your answers.

As I stated before the problem is that qemu-system-sparc does not seem
to support the NIC. When I append the following line to the qemu parameters:

-netdev tap,id=net1,ifname=tap0,script=qemu-ifup,downscript=no -net
nic,netdev=net1,model=lance

I get following warnings:

Warning: netdev net1 has no peer
Warning: requested NIC (anonymous, model lance) was not created (not
supported by this machine?)

Note that qemu-ifup is a script that adds the interface tap0 to a
network bridge (created earlier with brctl). Interface tap0 is created
before the qemu is run with:

tunctl -u <user> -t tap0

The second warning complains about the lack of support for the NIC. The
first warning is caused by a fact that the network backend (tap device)
is not connected to any frontend NIC I guess.

Regards,

Jan Orliński