[Qemu-discuss] High bandwidth using spice

From: Sören Busse
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] High bandwidth using spice
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 21:58:21 +0000

Hi,

I've created a QEMU-VM with Windows 7 and the default QXL and virtio drivers.
The problem apperas if I try to connect to this VM from my LAN which is limited to 1GBit/s

Youtube videos are lagging and qemu is using the full 1GBit/s of bandwith.
If I connect to this VM via localhost it's working pretty smoothly, but as soon as I limit my loopback interface using the "tc"-command I get the same result like in my LAN.

Is it normal that spice is using such a high bandwith and is there a way to reduce it?

I'm using:

Server:

QEMU 2.8

Spice-Server, compiled of the current source from gitlab with --enable-gstreamer

Client:

Spice-GTK 0.33 compiled with --enable-gstreamer=yes and --enable-builtin-mjpeg=yes

Kind regards

Sören Busse