[Qemu-discuss] pi2 ubuntu-core on qemu

From: Federico Gimenez
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] pi2 ubuntu-core on qemu
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 17:58:15 +0100

Hello everyone, not sure which is the right list for this message, sorry if not. Also, this is my first message and I'm no qemu expert, please forgive and correct me if I use wrong terms or ask for impossible/silly things :)

I'm trying to boot a pi2 ubuntu-core image using qemu, no luck so far. For generating and booting the image I'm using [1] on an up to date ubuntu 16.10 system (it would work on any system where snapd and qemu > 2.6.0 are available), and this is the output I get [2].

AFAIK qemu needs a special arm kernel in order to emulate the pi, so probably the ubuntu-core's pi2 kernel as is won't work. The kernel is generated with [3], would it be possible to modify it to make it bootable by the emulator?

Thanks!

[1] https://github.com/fgimenez/pi2-qemu/blob/master/qemu_pi2.sh
[2] http://paste.ubuntu.com/24124502/
[3] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~snappy-dev/kernel-snap-makefile/trunk/view/head:/Makefile