Re: [Qemu-discuss] virtual disks perfermonca <=2MB/s

From: Vincenzo Romano
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] virtual disks perfermonca <=2MB/s
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 12:13:29 +0100

Hi.

I could be wrong, but are you willing to run a VM with a disk image
over CIFS/SAMBA?
If not, why are you quoting your network throughput?

Could you please try (on a separate test VM) raw and qcow2?
In understand your concerns about the disk space allocation, but if
you create a virtual disk of 50GB, I think you'd know it could grow up
to that size and that it won't automatically shrink back.

Please, elaborate more on your environment and objectives.

--
Vincenzo Romano - NotOrAnd.IT
Information Technologies