Re: [Qemu-discuss] Guest screen resolution problem

From: Xi Shen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Guest screen resolution problem
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 02:01:27 +0000

Setting the VNC resolution is not gonna help you if you do not have the correct client graphic card driver installed. On the other hand, RDC does not rely on the graphic card driver on the client side.

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 9:38 AM Jakob Bohm <address@hidden> wrote:
On 15/01/2017 19:45, Mahmood Naderan wrote:
> Hi,
> I use the following command to run a windows guest.
>
> qemu -m 6000 -cpu Opteron_G5 -smp 4 -hda winxp64_c.img -hdb
> winxp64_d.img --boot c -usbdevice tablet -enable-kvm -device
> e1000,netdev=host_files -netdev
> user,net=10.0.2.0/24,id=host_files,restrict=off,smb=/home/mahmood,smbserver=10.0.2.4
> <http://10.0.2.0/24,id=host_files,restrict=off,smb=/home/mahmood,smbserver=10.0.2.4>
> -vnc :1
>
> In another terminal, I then ran "vncveiwer :1" to connect to the
> guest. Unfortunately, the screen size if 640x480 I think which is very
> small. I tried
>
> vncviewer FullScreen :1
> vncviewer geometry 1000x1000 :1
>
> But the size is still small.
> Any idea about that?

Check the display driver and screen resolution settings inside
the Windows Guest.

Enjoy

Jakob
--
Jakob Bohm, CIO, Partner, WiseMo A/S.  https://www.wisemo.com
Transformervej 29, 2860 Søborg, Denmark.  Direct +45 31 13 16 10