[Qemu-discuss] virtio-serial guest agent channel timing requirements

From: Matt Broadstone
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] virtio-serial guest agent channel timing requirements
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 17:46:43 -0400

Hello,

I've progressed with creating my own agent, and have successfully been
able to communicate over virtio-serial channels in order to provide
two-way communication between hypervisor and guest. My problem now
seems to be related to _when_ to start listening to the domain sockets
- specifically it seems that if I start listening to the domain
sockets on the hypervisor side before the guest (in this case windows
guest) is fully loaded, communication will fail over the channel until
both sides hangup and try again. Is there any documentation on this
behavior, or guidelines I should be following for when to begin
communication over the channels?

Regards,
Matt