Re: [Qemu-discuss] User networking - bind to concrete interface/IP

From: Bodo Eggert
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] User networking - bind to concrete interface/IP
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 00:18:30 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 15 Jan 2016, address@hidden wrote:

Using other types of networking (non-user mode) involves too much of
configuration and used features. I know less about networking stuff,
unfortunately and have no experience to configure it. It especially is harder
because i need only few ports being forwarded to Virtual Machines (ports are
unique so i bind them to all interfaces), others should be available for host
machine only. I am not using iptables, netfilter and conntrack right now.

Was hoping such thing exists, because at other parts qemu is rather
configurable.

Current qemu network configuration looks like:

-netdev user,id=netdev1,hostfwd=tcp::6110-:6110 -device
rtl8139,netdev=netdev1,id=netdev1

What about:?

hostfwd=tcp:"$IP_YOU_WANT_TO_BIND_TO":6110-:6110