[Qemu-discuss] ivshmem

From: Vince Do
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] ivshmem
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 17:04:42 +0100

Hello,

(I hope this is the right place to ask this question)

I've successfully used in the past the "ivshmem" device to share data between guests.

I saw that there have been a lot of updates related to the ivshmem code and wanted to try out this new version, but after having installed the new QEMU and started my guest I saw that there was no module to install in the guest allowing access to the shared memory (in the previous version I would have used the uio_ivshmem kernel module in order to access the shared memory).

My question is how do I access the shared memory from my guest userspace?

Thank you and regards,

Elias