[Qemu-discuss] No Live desktop since Ubuntu 14.10

From: Narcis Garcia
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] No Live desktop since Ubuntu 14.10
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 11:03:29 +0200

I've tried all the graphics card options with Qemu (no virt-manager):
-vga [std|cirrus|vmware|qxl|xenfb|tcx|cg3|none]

but all versions of Ubuntu with Xorg 1.16 or newer fail Live-CD desktop
sessions.
Failure tests with Lubuntu, Ubuntu-Mate, Ubuntu-Gnome {14.10, 15.04 and
15.10}. Success tests with any Ubuntu upto 14.04

Once the system is installed, graphic session work right.
In real hardware both Live & installed work right.
I tried with VirtualBox and any Ubuntu-Live work fine.

Does anybody know why this problem and how to avoid it?

Thanks.