Re: [Qemu-discuss] execve failing inside of a qemu chroot with argument

From: Dave Flogeras
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] execve failing inside of a qemu chroot with argument list too long
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 06:27:34 -0300

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 5:03 PM, Dave Flogeras <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am trying to compile binutils-2.24 within a qemu chroot (well 3

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I finally found a workaround.  This
author of this blog post (a Gentoo developer) posted this and bumping
up MAX_ARG_PAGES worked for me.  Hopefully this helps someone else
googling.

https://blogs.gentoo.org/calchan/2015/03/11/binsh-argument-list-too-long/

I don't know what a proper long term solution to this would be, since
the binutils unit test trying to pass a huge arg list is certainly
exceptional.