[Qemu-discuss] Fwd: Bridge Networking

From: Sandeep kaur
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Fwd: Bridge Networking
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 16:16:21 +0530

Hello,
I am new to KVM and I am using it for my research. I have installed KVM on ubuntu 14.04 on which there are 2 OS installed. One of these OSs have a web application which I want to access from a remote PC through its IP address but host OS does allow as it give a default IP to guest OS. I tried to do bridging and made this tweaks following your tutes.
My interfaces (/etc/network/interfaces) file include :
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet manual

auto br0
iface br0 inet static
  address 10.1.1.11
  network 10.1.1.0
  netmask 255.255.255.0
  broadcast 10.1.1.255
  gateway 10.1.1.1
  dns-nameservers 10.1.1.1
  bridge_ports eth0
  bridge_stp off
  bridge_fd 0
  bridge_maxwait 0

and virsh ubuntu.xml changed to :

<interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:d9:1c:4a'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <model type='virtio'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>

I have also disabled firewall so that security won't be any issue.
But even with all these change am unable to access my app from a remote PC.
Please point me if I went wrong somewhere.

Any help will be highly appreciated.