[Qemu-discuss] qemu-arm chroot memory size

From: Dave Flogeras
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] qemu-arm chroot memory size
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 13:28:50 -0400

Hi,

I have a qemu-arm chroot, inside of which I am trying to build
chromium (probably stupid).  At the linking phase, it falls over,
running out of memory. I am just wondering what the memory limit
inside of a 32bit arm chroot is (or is that a loaded question)?  The
host is 64bit with 16GB ram.

I have tried linking with ld.gold, as well as attempting using
--reduce-memory-overheads and --no-keep-memory with ld, all to no
avail.

I have also tried using the QEMU_PAGESIZE (I had seen old ML items
talking about increasing the memory limit with 0x7f000000), as well as
increasing the stack size with QEMU_STACK_SIZE (although I'm pretty
sure I am running out of heap, not stack).  Neither of those worked
either.

Is there anything I can do to increase my memory limit inside of the chroot?

Thanks
Dave