[Qemu-discuss] Using qemu for EA LPC3250 firmware emulation

From: James Kelly
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Using qemu for EA LPC3250 firmware emulation
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 14:56:03 +0000

Hi guys,

I've used buildroot to compile a firmware targeting the LPC EA3250 board, I'm trying to get this to run using qemu so that I can test changes to the firmware on my machine.

I've tried commands such as:

qemu-system-arm -M virt -kernel uImage -hda rootfs.ext2 -boot c -m 128M -append "root=/dev/sda rw console=ttyS0,38400n8"

But I keep getting similar errors no matter which -M option I apply. It seems that somehow I need to get a new machine option to pass qemu which will correspond to my board. I've found this config file which seems to be the configuration needed for the board I'm looking at.

What I would like to know is how to insert this config into qemu. Do I have to place this config somewhere and then recompile everything? If I do where do I need to put it?

Thanks,

James Kelly

Software Engineer

Forsberg Services Ltd

Richmond House

White Cross

Lancaster LA1 4XF U.K.

Tel: 01524 383320

Fax: 01524 382939

www.forsbergservices.co.uk

VAT No: GB 470 8895 04

Registration No:  SC104949

Registered address:  1 East Craibstone Street, Aberdeen, AB11 6YQ