Re: [Qemu-discuss] Chroot exec error inspite of qemu-static-arm being in

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Chroot exec error inspite of qemu-static-arm being installed
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 19:07:02 +0100

On 23 October 2014 18:28, Urmish Ajit Thakker <address@hidden> wrote:
> 3) usr/bin/qemu-arm-static bin/ls
> E - Error while loading bin/ls: No such file or directory
>
> Note : bin/ls exists
>
> 4) sudo chroot . /usr/bin/qemu-arm-static /bin/ls
> R - /bin/ls: Invalid ELF image for this architecture
>
> 5) sudo chroot . /bin/ls
> R - chroot: failed to run command `/bin/ls': Exec format error
>
> If I understand your instructions clearly, 3 & 4 should not happen. Am I
> correct?

Correct, and this also shows that your problem is not related
to the binfmt-misc registration. It looks like your chroot does
not contain valid 32 bit ARM binaries. What does
 file /path/to/chroot/bin/ls
say? (if it says it's a symlink or something then find
a binary in the chroot that's a real target executable).