Re: [Qemu-discuss] Wrap a disk partition to make a disk

From: Tony Su
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Wrap a disk partition to make a disk
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 12:23:20 -0700

You didn't state an objective that you want to share the partition
contents across systems.  Ordinarily this is not an objective, the
only objective generally is to do a permanent migration.
Aside from the danger of doing that, you should then consider.

- Don't create a diskfile. Simply configure access to the raw file
system instead of within diskfiles.
- Plan9 protocol for sharing specified mount points between file
systems (eg a diskfile and a host file system)

Tony