[Qemu-discuss] Any one have successfully make window 7 guest in kvm use

From: Scott Zhang
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Any one have successfully make window 7 guest in kvm use more than 2 cpus/cores?
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 00:08:34 +0800

Dear all:
   I have been trying this for whole afternoon and whole night. I have installed windows 7 as guest in kvm using virt-manager which use qemu. And after I alloc it 6 vcpus, I noticed win7 only see 2 cpus in task manager. But in device manager, it shows 6 cpus. After google a lot, looks many people say they workaround this by setting the topology of CPU, which is technical correct.
   But when I try to set sockets=2,cores=4 and several vairable pairs. None is working. Win7 only see 2 at most. I am using fedora 20 with kernel 3.15 and the default qemu.
   Can any one help?

Thanks
Regards
2014-07-24