Re: [Qemu-discuss] Qemu buid error for arm

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Qemu buid error for arm
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 12:19:46 +0100

On 1 July 2014 09:01, Magyar Péter <address@hidden> wrote:
> I also wanted to cross compile for win32 under linux and ran into several
> issues, like it complained about zlib first, then lgthread and glib. Since i
> am not an expert of building apps under linux, not to mention cross
> compiling, finally i chosed to move the project under win32 using mingw, but
> it was still hard to get it compile.

Yes, cross compilation is always painful. I actually had to go through
this for w32/w64 recently -- you can actually pretty much do it with
the ubuntu mingw-w64 toolchains plus the build and runtime libraries
from http://www.gtk.org/download/win64.php and
http://www.gtk.org/download/win64.php (which include not just GTK
but also all its dependencies like zlib which helpfully is sufficient to
get QEMU to build).

thanks