[Qemu-discuss] Custom machine models based on Device Trees

From: Brendan J
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Custom machine models based on Device Trees
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 17:57:21 +0100

Hi all,

Xilinx's fork of QEMU (http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/QEMU) added support
for generating custom machine models at runtime, based on the Device
Tree provided by the `-dtb` option. Is there any support in upstream
Qemu for this?

The relevant files in the Xilinx source tree aren't in the mainline
source tree - I'm just asking in the hope that the functionality might
be implemented in a different way.

If I am right, and there is no support, are there any plans for this
feature?

Many thanks,
Brendan