[Qemu-discuss] serial port

From: Kees Schoenmakers
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] serial port
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 11:18:12 +0200

Hi All,

I am trying to use qemu on a Linux host with a linux guest. The guest
is to run software that uses a serial port with a modem.

The first main problem that I face is hardware handshaking. The target
software uses
ioctl(fd, TIOCSERGETLSR, &parm). It should return 1 _after_ all
characters have been sent.

But on the guest it returns '1' far too soon. From what I have seen in
the code there is a mechanism to timeout a character, however if the
application does single character write systemcalls this timer should
be incremented at each write anew.

Is there someone who is very well known with the serial code to
discuss with? My C programming skills are average and Enlish is not my
native tongue.

best regards

Kees