[Qemu-discuss] Using Virt-manager with manually compiled qemu

From: Asadullah Hussain
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Using Virt-manager with manually compiled qemu
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 16:51:33 +0500

Hello, I have to compile qemu 1.4.0 from source and I've added the source directory to Linux (ubuntu 12.04) path. I am able to run qemu-system-x86_64 command to create VMs.

But I am unable to access this qemu with virt-manager. virt-manager GUI says "no default hypervisor is defined" and  manually connecting with qemu:///system yields nothing.

Is there a way to tell libvirt v1.1 (virt-manager) to access my manually compiled qemu.

--
Asadullah Hussain