[Qemu-discuss] virtfs hangs after save/restore

From: Todd L Miller
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] virtfs hangs after save/restore
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 11:22:25 -0600 (CST)

I'm using an Ubuntu 12.04 host and a Debian 7 guest. After a save/restore cycle, all reads from and writes to the virtfs (9p) -mounted filesystem hang. (The process is stuck in 'S+' state and can't be killed.) Is this a bug fixed with newer software in the host or guest, am I mis-configuring something, or is this not supposed to work?

All I could find online about this was Malte Starostik's mail to the qemu developer's list in May 2013, but that didn't seem to get a response, and my symptoms aren't quite the same.

        Thank you.

- Todd L Miller