[Qemu-discuss] networking is not working on qemu guest

From: Maryyam Muhammad Din
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] networking is not working on qemu guest
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 14:22:26 +0500

I am trying to configure networking on QEMU malta mips, which is running on vmware host (ubuntu) using tap/tun device and bridge interface. My qemu guest is unable to retrieve ip address  from DHCP server. If i give it manually, it can just connect with its host. Using tcpdump i came to know that outgoing traffic is working perfectly but incoming is not working.
Can anyone suggest me how to solve this kind of issue?
Thank You
--
Maryyam Muhammad Din
Al-Khawarizmi Institute of Computer Science