[Qemu-discuss] usb support broken?

From: Alexander Aring
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] usb support broken?
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 09:19:55 +0100

Hi,

I using Arch linux with kernel "3.10.24-1-lts" and qemu emulator version
1.7.0 with libusbx-1.0.17-1-x86_64.pkg all package from arch repository.

With this setup my usb support in qemu is broken, it seems that the the
device disconnects on startup of qemu. I get this message:

libusbx: error [_get_usbfs_fd] libusbx couldn't open USB device
/dev/bus/usb/002/011: No such device

Before I start qemu the device 2.11 was there, but with start of qemu my
device reconnects to the host controller and gets another usb bus id.

I already tried to downgrade my kernel, qemu and libusbx without
success. Does somebody has similar issues?

Thanks.

- Alex