[Qemu-discuss] guest daemon reading kvmclock - not needed/ bad idea ?

From: Edoardo Comar
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] guest daemon reading kvmclock - not needed/ bad idea ?
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 11:22:45 +0000

Hi

I dug various posts and articles on guest time synchronization.
I could not conclude why it might be better to use ntpd in a guest rather than a daemon that reads from kvmclock
and having NTP running on the host only.
(assuming the guest OS is a recent linux and so the clock source is set to the paravirtualized kvm PVclock).

thanks!
Edoardo Comar

Unless stated otherwise above: