Re: [Qemu-discuss] passing network options to the guest

From: Mahmood Naderan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] passing network options to the guest
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 19:37:34 -0800 (PST)

>but in my experience you should also add the -net user option.
No it does not work. Same thing happens.

>What happens if you try
">-netdev user,id=mydev -device rtl8139,netdev=mydev"
>instead of "-net nic" ?
Yes it works and I am able to connect to internet from guest.
However the samba connection doesn't work.

I have passed "-smb /media/samba_share" to qemu and added the following entry to /etc/samba/smb.conf in the host

[samba_share]
        comment = QEMU share place
        path = /media/samba_share
        valid users = mahmood vb
        public = no
        writable = yes
        printable = no
        create mask = 0765

also
$ ls -l /media/
total 4
drwxrwxrwx. 2 root root 4096 Nov 19 06:50 samba_share

However when I run \\10.0.0.2\samba_share in the windows guest, I get an error that the location is not reachable. What did I miss?

Regards,
Mahmood