[Qemu-discuss] UI broken in qemu-system-sparc on the Mac?

From: Peter Bartoli
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] UI broken in qemu-system-sparc on the Mac?
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 16:11:09 -0400

I see tcx emulation was fixed in version 1.6, but I've never been able to make it work on the Mac.  I've got it compiled with the following options ...

--sysconfdir=/usr/local/share --mandir=/usr/local/man --cc=/opt/local/bin/gcc-apple-4.2 --enable-vnc-tls --enable-vnc-sasl --enable-vnc-jpeg --enable-sdl --enable-cocoa --enable-system

... I can leave SDL out of the options, but if I leave Cocoa out, it won't compile.  Either way, with both enabled or with SDL disabled, when I run my target like so ...

qemu-system-sparc -m 256 -M SS-5 -bios /home/img/ROMs/sun/ss5-170.bin -g 1024x768x24
 (disk and NIC options removed for brevity)

... I've fiddled with the machine emulated and the firmware, never been able to get anything besides an odd split-level screen.  I've pasted a screenshot at the below URL, in case the listserv doesn't like attachments.

Has anybody seen this before, or know of any workarounds?

-peter