[Qemu-discuss] -net dump

From: Phani Vadrevu
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] -net dump
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 19:39:51 -0500

Hi all,
       I am writing a custom e1000 driver and trying to test the
transmission part of it. For this, I am crafting a custom packet (with
no headers at all and just some ASCII text) and sending it. I am using
-net dump,file=somefile.pcap to capture the packets being sent by the
virtual intel card. But I see no data in the pcap file when I run my
driver, although I see some when using e1000.

    My question is, does the packet need to have proper ethernet
headers in order for it to be captured in the pcap file. Or, does it
capture all packets regardless?

Thanks,
Phani