[Qemu-discuss] running SD image

From: Philipp Kraus
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] running SD image
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 23:10:39 +0100

Hello,

I have created an dd image of a SD card. The SD card stores a Debian for ARM
cpus (gnublin). I have compiled qemu with arm support under OSX 10.6 (with
HomeBrew).
If I run now qemu-system-arm -hda myddimage.img -m 32 I get the message "kernel
image must be specified". I can boot the SD card in my ARM system, so I think,
that a kernel
exists on the SD card.

Can I boot my raw image with qemu? This are my first steps with ARM and qemu,
so do you have got some newbie information? x86 & x64 images works without any
problem, so I would like to learn ARM :-)

Thanks a lot

Phil