[Qemu-discuss] LSI SAS controller on Qemu 1.2.2

From: Joe Terranova
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] LSI SAS controller on Qemu 1.2.2
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 17:56:45 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to passthru my LSI SAS 9211-8i SAS controller to a qemu VM.

Previously I was using qemu 1.0, and my device string was:
-device pci-assign,host=08:00.0,id=hostdev0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x5

I was having problems with this (errors about the devices BIOS failing
to load), and it was suggested I upgrade. On the new version, I need
to pick a driver.

Looking through the drivers list (with -drivers ?), I'm not sure which
one is the correct one. I'm guessing megasas, but I'm not sure.

Looking at megasas's options (with -drivers megasas,help) , I don't
know what they mean, and there appears to be no documentation on them.
I looked at the source code for it, and there aren't any relevant
comments (that I can find).

If it's relevant, I want to pass through the controller to a FreeBSD
VM for the purposes of running ZFS.

I appreciate any insight that can be provided.

Thanks,
Joe Terranova