[Qemu-discuss] Using QEMU+KVM+VirtFS and extended attributes

From: Mad Penguin
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Using QEMU+KVM+VirtFS and extended attributes
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 18:41:12 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I'm trying to set up Gluster inside a KVM instance on a filesystem that's mapped to the host filesystem using virtfs (9p).

The filesystem seems to mount ok, and indeed work ok, but gluster falls flat immediately failing to recognise the filesystem as supporting extended attributes.

On further examination, "lsattr /gluster" also fails with "Inappropriate ioctl for device while reading flags ..."

Can anyone tell me whether the libvirt/9p setup "should" support extended attributes or not?
I've tried building the latest qemu (1.2?) and it has exactly the same issue as my stock Ubuntu build ...

??

tia
MP