Re: [Qemu-discuss] Increasing ext3 image file partition

From: jb-gnumlists
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Increasing ext3 image file partition
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 04:46:23 +0200

On 11-08-2012 00:32, Jerzy Grzegorek wrote:

Hi,

I've 128M disk.img with one ext3 partition on it, created by qemu-img create disk.img 128M command. Now, I'd like to increase this partition to 256M. I ran

qemu-img resize disk.img +128M

and next

parted disk.img

(parted) resize 1 32K 256M

and ...

Error: /File system has/ an /incompatible feature/ enabled...

Any idea how to resolve this?

Jurek

Yes, boot a virtual machine connected to the 256M disk image as a
second virtual hard drive (or boot your usual virtual machine from
a live CD such as the gparted live CD iso).  Then from inside the
virtual machine, use basic ext3 tools (such as tune2fs) to examine
the partition, find out which option is in the way and turn it off,
then resize the partition as you originally wanted.

Enjoy

Jakob
--
Jakob Bohm, CIO, Partner, WiseMo A/S. http://www.wisemo.com
Transformervej 29, 2730 Herlev, Denmark.  Direct +45 31 13 16 10