qemu-devel

Re: Let's close member documentation gaps

From: David Hildenbrand
Subject: Re: Let's close member documentation gaps
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 15:14:31 +0100

On 25.03.24 15:13, David Hildenbrand wrote:
On 25.03.24 10:36, Markus Armbruster wrote:
If you're cc'ed, I have a bit of doc work for you.  Search for your
name to find it.

The QAPI generator forces you to document your stuff.  Except for
commands, events, enum and object types listed in pragma
documentation-exceptions, the generator silently defaults missing
documentation to "Not documented".  Right now, we're using this loophole
some 500 times.

What would be the right step to make sure I am resolving these "hidden"
issues, and that the QAPI generator would be happy with my changes?

Ah, I assume simply removing the offender from "qapi/pragma.json" and then compiling.

--
Cheers,

David / dhildenb