qemu-devel

Do we still need pre-meson compatibility hacks?

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Do we still need pre-meson compatibility hacks?
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 08:54:09 +0100

Right now configure contains a couple hacks to preserve some of the semantics of the pre-meson build system:

1) emulation of ./configure by creating a build directory and a forwarding GNUmakefile (requested by Kevin)

2) creation of symlinks such as x86_64-softmmu/qemu-system-x86_64 and arm-linux-user/qemu-arm (requested by Peter)

Neither of these are a lot of code, but if people aren't relying on them we might as well delete them. Do they have any users still?

Paolo