qemu-devel

Re: CI "pages" job failing with incomprehensible error message from htag

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: CI "pages" job failing with incomprehensible error message from htags
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 12:34:18 +0000

On Mon, 8 Jan 2024 at 11:03, Thomas Huth <thuth@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 05/01/2024 20.11, Peter Maydell wrote:
> > https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/5871592479
> >
> > failed with
> >
> > $ htags -anT --tree-view=filetree -m qemu_init -t "Welcome to the QEMU
> > sourcecode"
> > htags: Negative exec line limit = -371
> >
> > Does anybody have any idea what this is about ?
>
> In case you haven't spotted it yet:
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/qemu-devel@nongnu.org/msg1014394.html
>
> Is anybody already already creating a patch to clear CI_COMMIT_MESSAGE when
> invoking htags ?

As a first step, I filed a bug for us for it:
https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/2080

We should probably report this upstream, I suppose. It's
easy to reproduce without requiring the QEMU source tree:

mnementh$ mkdir htags-bug
mnementh$ cd htags-bug/
mnementh$ cat >hello.c
#include <stdio.h>

int main(void) {
    printf("hello world\n");
    return 0;
}
mnementh$ gtags
mnementh$ htags -anT
mnementh$ BIGVAR=$(perl -e 'print "x" x 100000') htags -anT
htags: Negative exec line limit = -80391

thanks
-- PMM