qemu-devel

Re: qemu-system-x86 dependencies

From: Fourhundred Thecat
Subject: Re: qemu-system-x86 dependencies
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 07:10:22 +0200

> On 2023-08-16 15:02, Fourhundred Thecat wrote:
 > On 2023-08-16 14:52, Michael Tokarev wrote:
16.08.2023 15:37, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé пишет:
Cc'ing Michael

why does qemu depend on sound and gstreamer and wayland libraries?
After all, i am just trying to run VMs on my hypervisor.

If I remember correctly, my previous installation on Debian 10,
qemu-system-x86 had no such dependencies.

Seems to me like trying to install openssh-server, but it needs full
gnome environment libraries.

sorry if my question offended people.

Perhaps there is a good reason for these dependencies, which i don't see?

Also, I am told that Arch has split all these into separate packages:

https://archlinux.org/packages/?sort=&repo=Extra&q=qemu&maintainer=&flagged=

So it looks like my original question might be Debian specific?