qemu-devel

8.1-rc0 testfloat fails to compile

From: Olaf Hering
Subject: 8.1-rc0 testfloat fails to compile
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 22:47:15 +0200

This is going on since a few weeks. I guess there is no check in CI to see if
qemu.git#master compiles in Tumbleweed.

Since the switch to meson submodules, berkeley-testfloat-3 became mandatory. I
think in the past I was able to ignore this submodule and not export it, so the
following error did not show up:

[  141s] ../subprojects/berkeley-testfloat-3/source/genCases_f64.c: In function
'f64Random':
[  141s] ../subprojects/berkeley-testfloat-3/source/genCases_f64.c:559:1:
error: control reaches end of non-void function [-Werror=return-type]
[  141s]   559 | }
[  141s]       | ^
[  141s] cc1: some warnings being treated as errors

Apparently this is a known issue, 3ac1f81329f attempted to ignore such errors.
Do I need to tweak the global, system-provided CFLAGS myself, or can the source
be fixed to address this? Disabling this error globally will hide errors
elsewhere.

Maybe there is a way to append something to
tests/fp/meson.build:libtestfloat.c_args? Right now it is apparently set to
tfcflags+fpcflags+CFLAGS.

Olaf