qemu-devel

Re: guest Linux Kernel hangs and reports CPU lockup/stuck gitlab bug

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: guest Linux Kernel hangs and reports CPU lockup/stuck gitlab bug
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 12:47:28 +0200

On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 11:55:01AM +0200, Claudio Fontana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think this bug report warrants some attention,
>
> can Gerd take a look here?
>
> The GTK Clipboard commit seems involved:
>
> https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/1150

Had a very quick look.  Seems gtk_clipboard_wait_is_text_available()
blocks forever for some reason.  Not sure why.  Possibly a gtk bug.

The options I see are:
  (a) go debug why it hangs.
  (b) rewrite clipboard support to avoid using the
      gtk_clipboard_wait*() functions.
  (c) add a config option to turn off gtk clipboard support.

Don't have the time to dig deeper right now, sorry.

take care,
  Gerd